Air conditioners have been a trend for years already, and almost everyone has bought their air conditioning unit for their home. Choosing the right air conditioning system for your home may be confusing and complicated.
There are a lot of choices at different price ranges and consider that the prices may vary depending on the quality, brand name, or the size of the unit needed for the area in your home. By this factors, it is essential to know the different varieties of air conditioners with their pros and cons.
Window Air Conditioning Unit
Window air conditioner is a compact unit which cools small areas inside your home, particularly single rooms. It is best for bedrooms and small offices. To install a window air conditioner, you need to provide a space in your wall.
- Window air conditioning units have different sizes that may vary from 5,000 BTUs to 36,000 BTUs (British Thermal Unit).
- Window units are available for cooling and heating.
- This unit is affordable compared to the other conditioning systems.
- The installation wouldn’t take much effort.
- It may not be that large, but this semi-portable unit is not as versatile as it looks.
- This air conditioning unit doesn’t have a duct system with vents. The area near the air condition will immediately feel the coolness while farther areas take time to cool.
Portable Air Conditioning Unit
Portable AC’s are one of the most popular air conditioners nowadays and an excellent alternative to window type units. This type AC uses the air inside the room then cools it. This type of air conditioning unit is essential for people who like to move from one place to another.
- From the name itself, portable air conditioners are easy to move from one place to another as needed.
- This type of air conditioning unit doesn’t take up too much space.
- Doesn’t need a professional to set this up.
- Portable air conditioners are still heavy despite its built. You may have to ask for help if you’re planning to transfer using the stairs.
- It still needs access to outside air and still needs a window.
Central Air Conditioning Unit
Centralized air conditioners are a favorite among large areas, especially buildings. This system is composed of a huge compressor which has the capability of producing tons of air conditioning and installing this type of air conditioning unit requires professional AC repair contractor. To put it simply, this type of air conditioning system is for large areas that contain a lot of people.
- This type of unit provides overall cooling and heating to every area that’s equipped with a vent.
- It’s energy efficient for a big air conditioning system.
- The system automatically turns on or off as the temperature of the area adjusts.
- Central Air conditioning unit can be too expensive.
- Ductwork maintenance can also be difficult as it has large ducts.
- You can’t adjust the temperature for each room.
Choose the most suitable unit for your place to have a better experience of comfort and relaxation. These units are helpful to people who live where summers are dreadfully hot. Also, these units provide better cooling and better energy efficiency than the other cooling machines.
However, these air conditioning units aren’t just the only options, but having one of these air conditioning systems is a lot better than having none.